Cancelled due to low enrollment
Please check back soon – we’ll try again later in the summer!
Sunday June 22nd, 6:30 PM
Please join us at Dinner at DebS for a midsummer-themed dinner. Arrive at 6:30 for drinks and socializing, and we’ll sit down for a three-course meal when all the guests have arrived.
To begin: Baked ricotta with peas & peashoots – creamy ricotta is baked with breadcrumbs and served topped with fresh peas and peashoots
Main course & salad: Your choice of glazed salmon fillet or pork chop
Roasted new potatoes
Home made baguettes & local butter
Big green salad salad with creamy herb dressing
Dessert: Rhubarb crumble with homemade strawberry ice cream
Still and sparkling water and iced tea will be served with the meal. If you’d like to drink something stronger, please bring it yourself. Use the menu to make your own wine or beer pairings – and, we’d be happy to make suggestions.
If you’d like to come for dinner, please sign up using this form (also under Contact Us, above). The deadline to sign up online is Friday June 20th at 5:00 PM. If you miss the deadline or have any other questions, please contact your host, Deb at 608-712-6368, or firstname.lastname@example.org
Lovingly prepared by Deb
Sunday, May 11, 2014 from 4:00 – 6:30 PM
This year, treat Mom – and yourself – to High Tea. A luxurious, late afternoon repast, featuring cakes & other baked goods, small sandwiches, and tea.
Bring your own alcoholic beverages if you wish – a little Prosecco would be non-traditional, but never the less, very nice, with this menu.
- Date scones with jam and mascarpone cream
- Tea Sandwiches: Cucumber
watercress & radish with Dill butter; curried chicken; olive walnut; banana bread with honey cream cheese
- Victoria Sponge – light yellow cake with strawberry jam and whipped cream
- Warm artichoke, asparagus & goat cheese dip with crackers and crudités
- A few cookies or tiny tarts or other surprises (that are likely to be chocolate in nature)
- Strawberries and fresh pineapple
- And of course TEA – herbal and caffeinated, hot or iced, with milk and sugar – or not
Please sign up using this form (also under the “Contact Us” tab above). The deadline to sign up online is Friday May 9th. If you miss the deadline or have any questions, please contact your host, Deb at 607-712-6368 or email@example.com.
Sorry, this meal has been cancelled due to low enrollment.
The next meal is Mother’s Day High Tea – please check back.
The next dinner at DebS will be … Brunch!
Sunday April 27th, 2014
Served buffet style, from at 11:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- Spanish tortilla – eggs + potatoes + olive oil = delicious
- Fried ham
- Green salad with herb dressing
- Blueberry-lemon-cinnamon rolls
- Fruit and yogurt, with homemade granola
- Coffee, tea, and juice
If you’d like to join us for brunch, please sign up using this form (also under Contact Us, above). The deadline to sign up online is Friday April 25th at 5:00 PM. If you miss the deadline, or have any questions at all, please contact your host, Deb, at 608-712-6368, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thanks and see you at the table.
I’m Sooo Sick of Winter Indoor Barbecue
Saturday March 29th
Starting at 6:oo PM
Remind your palate of the tastes of summer – join us for an indoor picnic at DebS! We’ll enjoy:
- Pulled pork(or chicken) BBQ
- Barbecue tofu with peppers and onions
- Rosemary focaccia
Oven-roasted French fries
- Veggies and dip and chips
- Hummus & pita
- Macaroni salad
- S’mores bars
And other UN-announced treats. Non-alcoholic beverages provided; please bring your own alcohol.
Please use this form to sign up (also under the Contact Us menu). The deadline to sign up online is 5:00 p.m. Thursday March 27th. If you miss the deadline, or if you have any questions, please call or email your host, Deb, at 608-712-6368, email@example.com.
In addition to banishing winter from our collective psyche, March 29th
is the date of the 327 Words 57 Varieties Time Trial. [We have just been informed that the race has been pushed back to 4/5 – but we’ll still celebrate in advance on 3/29]. Along with our absent friends [in spirit] tearing around Seattle on two wheels that same evening, we’ll join in celebration of “bikes, beer, numerous options, hometown favorites, past successes, future possibilities, and another opportunity for two-wheeled mayhem” – and the enjoyment of ketchup.
In honor of Valentine’s day, join us for a cozy Sunday dinner with your special someone(s). Three courses, with vegetarian and seafood options. Arrive at 6:00 p.m. for drinks, a few nibbles, and general socializing, and sit down for the first course when everyone has arrived.
Please use this form to sign up (also under the Contact Us menu). Please sign up by 5:00 p.m. Friday, February 14. You should receive a confirmation email within 24 hours – if you do not, or if you have any questions, please call or email your host, Deb, at 608-712-6368, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To begin: A composed salad, with assorted roasted winter vegetables: carrots, parsnips, beets, celery root, arranged around a pile of spicey greens, with a mustard-y vinaigrette
- Mains: Choice of seafood or spinach and cheese crêpes, served with:
- A barley & rice pilaf with broccoli
- Basket of homemade rolls; wheat knots with walnuts & raisons; sour cream-herb – served with fresh local butter
- Dessert: Linzer tart with whipped cream. Home made chocolate truffles in the side.