You’re invited to DebS for a series of homey, comfy, Sunday Suppers, featuring seasonal foods, as we lighten up into spring and almost-summer time.
Pick your favorite menu – or more than one! And sign up using this form – also under Contact Us, above. The deadline to sign up is the Friday before each dinner –
Dinner 1, April 26 cancelled; Dinner 2 – May 10, sign up by May 8; and Dinner 3 – May 24, sign up by May 22.
Please contact your host, DebS, by email at ds83473@gmail, or by phone, 608-712-6368, if you miss the deadline to sign up, or have any other questions.
Thanks and see you at the table!
Dinner 1 – April 26
Cancelled due to low enrollment
See you at the next dinner!
Roasted root vegetables on a pillow of whipped goat cheese, with herbs & micro greens Individual chicken pot pie or vegetable pot pie – savory meat and vegetables under a golden pastry dome Green beans almondine (or other vegetable, if something looks good at the market!) Chocolate mousse served with whipped cream and Langues de chat – thin crispy cookies
Dinner 2 – May 10 – Special Mother’s Day edition!
- To begin: paté platter a la Cafe Flora – lentil-pecan paté, chicken liver paté, red onion confit, olives, pickles, breads
- Your choice of broiled Salmon or Black Bean Cakes, served with cucumber dill sauce and lemon and lime wedges
- Potato gnocchi with browned butter
- Leafy salad – fresh greens, maybe asparagus, with a tangy, dried cranberry vinaigrette
- Eton mess – strawberries & cream with crumbled meringues thrown in – we’ll be using the UK National Gallery’s recipe – rated in the top 3!
Dinner 3 – May 24, the night before Memorial Day
- Chips & salsa
- Carnitas – Locally raised pork, slow roasted with chiles
- Chile-roasted carrots and new potatoes
- Served with pickled onion and radish slaw
- Frieda Kahlo’s “Mexican flag” rice – green, white, and red
- Fresh, homemade, flour tortillas for wrapping it all up in
- Blueberry pie with cinnamon ice cream