School Woods announces the return of one-dish dinners!
Hearty family meals, served buffet style, with a main course, salad or side dish, and dessert. There’ll be 6 dinners in the 2012 series, every other Thursday in January & February, finishing up with two in a row in March. Menus will be filled in below as they are determined. Sign up using this form (also above under the members-only tab), by 5:00 p.m. the Tuesday before any dinner. Please call or email your host, Deb, at 608-712-6368, email@example.com if you miss the deadline, or have any questions.
- Beef and Beet Borscht – a meat & vegetable soup of Russian origins
- Anna’s Cream of potato (vegetarian), chunks of potato & grated carrot in a creamy soup
- Vegetarian curried lentil soup, a la Heidi Swanson [modified by deb]
- Assorted breads: Cheese-stuffed, dill dip inside a dark rye
- Raw vegetable platter to go with the rye & dill dip, above
- Apple pies and ice cream
Thursday January 26th, 6:30 – 8:00 p.m.
- Noodle casseroles: Turkey Noodle, Broccoli-Cheese-Mushroom Noodle
- Spinach salad
- Winter fruit salad
- Pizza & Stromboli (rolled up pizza) – many toppings choices – most likely the pizza will be veggie, some with whole wheat crust; Stromboli will be meat-filled
- Roasted beet salad and green salad
- Chocolate pudding
Thursday February 23rd, 6:30 – 8:00 p.m. cancelled due to low enrollment
- Shepherd’s pie – choice of beef or veggie
- Whole wheat rolls & butter
- Winter greens salad, with dried fruit and cheese (Based on the breakaway cook)
- Lemon tart
- Curry – Aunt Janie’s California style chicken curry and a vegetable curry (probably cauliflower
- Dal (curried lentils)
- Rice, raita, chutneys
- Indian-inspired sweets: stuffed dates, honey & rosewater tapioca pudding with pistachios
March 15th, 6:30 – 8:00 p.m. Cancelled – let’s do brunch instead!
- Pasta with chick peas & greens
- Broccoli gratin
- Garlic bread
- Almond cake with cherry compote